Wednesday, January 23, 2019




I Am Learning How to Tidy Up Thanks to Netflix and Containers at the Dollar Store 


I've been watching Tiding Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix. It seemed like a silly show to watch at first. Why would I waste my time on watching other people reorganize their homes? But curious, I checked it out and discovered some great ideas to reorganize my own life. 

First of all I must tell you that my cabinets and I have never gotten along. I organize them somewhat when I first moved into my home, but they never stay organized for very long, especially my bathroom and my Tupperware cabinets. I can describe them as toothbrush-toothpaste, makeup mess and my Tupperware cabinets as a mess of lids. I have had a really hard time finding the right lid for the right bottom. 

On the first episode Marie Kondo, organizer extraordinaire, helps a young couple with 2 young children organize their stuff. In this episode she brings over a box full of small boxes and containers telling the parents to use to organize their kitchen cabinets. What a great idea and one I had never thought of doing myself. 

So, off to the Dollar Store I went and discovered my own treasure of really cheap plastic containers. Some as cheap as $0.25. I can tell you my cabinets look much better. One thing Kondo says about keeping organized is making sure everything has its own place. My problem is my stuff has always had an almost place but never a set place. 

Using containers has helped me define what place each item in my life has. I know where it goes so I can put it where it goes with complete certainly. It sounds a bit trivial, but I promise it has helped my life of keeping a house of 8 people more organize. 

Now the trick will be teaching my children how to do this. Guess I will have to watch more Tiding Up episodes to figure out how to do this, tell my children they need to watch and learn.

Check out my video on how to Tidy Up!

https://www.facebook.com/shannonjerez6/videos/1165933006913457/


Check out my Blog on Elite Marketing Pro



Find me on the latest.com







No comments:

Post a Comment